Personal Injury Care at Back to Health Wellness Center in Sarasota
Whether you were hurt on the job, around the house or playing your favorite sport, it's hard not to take a personal injury very personally indeed. Spinal subluxation, disc problems, soft tissue strain and/or pinched nerves can rob you of your everyday routine or make it impossible to do a day's work. The good news is that you aren't necessarily destined for the operating table or a lifetime of painkillers -- because Back to Health Wellness Center offers a variety of non-invasive, drug-free treatment options.
The Wide (and Painful) World of Personal Injuries
"Personal injury" is a catch-all term used to describe any injury to your body, as opposed to your car, home or other property. These injuries can be either acute or chronic nature--for instance, you may experience a traumatic accident that produces immediate (or slightly delayed) pain and suffering, or you may slowly become aware of a nagging pain or other troublesome symptom that has developed over time. Examples of common personal injuries include:
- Automotive, workplace or sporting accidents that cause herniated discs, torn muscles and joint dislocation
- Repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow or golf elbow
- Posture-related strain such as "text neck" (a consequence of drooping your head to stare at your mobile device screen)
A personal injury can sometimes produce several kinds of dysfunction all at once. In the case of whiplash, for example, the sharp, extreme motion of your head may damage soft tissues while also forcing cervical vertebrae and discs out of position, which in turn can produce disc herniation, pinched nerves and pain in the arms or hands. (A personal injury to one part of the body can often refer pain to another part of the body, making diagnosis more complicated.)
Conservative Treatment Options from Your Chiropractor in Sarasota
Painkillers may temporarily relieve inflammation and discomfort in a personal injury, but they're no substitute for correcting the underlying source of your misery. Conservative care is always the smartest initial approach, which is why you should visit your chiropractor in Sarasota. Dr. Kuskin can run thorough evaluations to isolate the cause of your symptoms before creating a holistic healing and pain relief program for your specific needs. The treatment methods involved may include:
- Spinal decompression therapy to treat disc damage and remove pressure from nerves
- Chiropractic adjustments to normalize joint motion, position and alignment
- Massage therapy to relieve soft tissue pain and facilitate tissue healing
- Physical rehabilitation exercises to help you regain pain-free use of your body so you can resume normal activities
Turn to the Treatment for Personal Injury that Sarasota FL Residents Trust
Dr. Kuskin is the practitioner for personal injury Sarasota FL has come to trust and rely on. If you've sustained a musculoskeletal injury that threatens to hijack your life, call Back to Health Wellness Center today at 941-351-2555 to schedule an evaluation and treatment!