Work Injury Accident Injury Prevention and Treatment in Sarasota at Back to Health Wellness Center
Dr. Robert Kuskin is a Sarasota chiropractor who gets how important it is to feel energized, pain-free, and focused on the job. A work injury can drastically disrupt your productivity and job satisfaction. Here at Back To Health Wellness Center, it's our pleasure to provide the hard-working people of the Sarasota community with natural and drug-free services that can alleviate pain, dysfunction, and even prevent issues from developing in the first place.
Common Injuries on the Job
A work injury doesn't just affect people with highly active jobs like first responders and nurses. Even people who primarily sit at a desk may experience pain and dysfunction from injuries such as:
- Tech neck: Pain and dysfunction in the neck due to prolonged forward neck posture, typically while using a computer or smart phone can cause headaches, jaw pain, and shoulder and arm pain.
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains: Microscopic damage to soft tissue fibers can result in inflammation, swelling, pain, and joint stiffness or instability.
- Back pain: Back pain is often a result of muscle strains, vertebral joint misalignments, and joint subluxations, disc compression, and other types of mechanical strain.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: This syndrome, which can lead to numbness and tingling in the first few fingers of the hand as well as wrist pain, is due to compression of the median nerve in the wrist.
Risk Factors for a Work Injury Accident Injury
Have you ever experienced an injury on the job? You may be wondering what contributed to your dysfunction in the first place. Our Sarasota chiropractor recognizes several possible risk factors for people who come to us with work injury concerns. These may include:
- Poor posture
- Prolonged sitting
- Poor ergonomic set up (e.g., having to frequently twist, reach, or bend low to perform work-related tasks)
How Our Chiropractor in Sarasota FL Manages Work Injury
At Back To Health Wellness Center, our approach to work injury treatment is two-fold. On the one hand, we want to alleviate your symptoms and help you find relief ASAP. On the other hand, we want to identify what's contributing to or causing your pain so you don't have to continue experiencing it! To achieve these goals, we provide chiropractic services including:
- Adjustments and spinal decompression (non-surgical)
- Massage therapy
- Corrective exercises
- BrainTap technology
- Postural screens and work hardening counseling
Are You in Pain at Work?
Don't let a work injury hold you back from the job you love. We accept worker's compensation! Call the Back to Health Wellness Center at 941-351-2555 to schedule an appointment today.