Work Injury FAQ Discussion With Our Sarasota Chiropractor
Dr. Robert Kuskin is a Sarasota chiropractor who understands the impact that a work injury can have on both your job and your quality of life. At the Back to Health Wellness Center in Florida, he's happy to answer your questions about this common health issue and help all his patients enjoy long, productive, and pain-free careers.
What Are The Most Common Types of Work Injury?
Common complaints among our patients with work injury include pain, stiffness, swelling, weakness, headaches, jaw pain, and other signs and symptoms of work injury such as:
- Plantar fasciitis: heel pain due to inflammation of the plantar fascia (arch of your foot)
- Sciatica: numbness, weakness, tingling, and pain in the buttocks and leg due to compression of the sciatic nerve in the low back (compression is usually caused by a misaligned or narrowed joint or an injured disc)
- Back pain and neck pain: often as a result of whiplash (rapid acceleration/deceleration of the body during trauma), muscle strains and spasms, spinal ligament sprains, core instability and spinal joint misalignments (often due to core weakness or shortened hip flexors)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: numbness, pain, and tingling in the first few fingers due to narrowing of the carpal tunnel in the wrist, which compresses the median nerve
These injuries can impair a person's ability to perform their required job duties, can cause them to miss work, and decrease their overall job satisfaction.
Who Gets Work Injuries?
A work injury can befall the sedentary office worker as well as the person performing physical labor. Our patients with work injuries represent a range of careers, including first responders, healthcare workers, truck drivers, office workers, teachers, electricians, and others.
Work injuries are so common because there are a variety of risk factors that can affect a wide range of people. These risk factors include:
- Poor posture
- Sitting too much
- Repeated movement
- Frequent lifting, bending, twisting, and use of heavy machinery
- Inefficient or unsafe ergonomics
- Workplace accidents, like a car crash, slip, fall, or lifting injury
- Poor sleep
How Can Chiropractic Care Help Me Heal From a Work Injury?
Chiropractic care is a fantastic alternative and holistic approach to common types of work injury:
- Spinal adjustments and spinal decompression help restore normal posture, joint mechanics, and alignment
- Massage therapy reduces mental and physical tension, reduces muscle spasms, and increases blood flow
- Corrective exercises improve strength, range of motion, endurance, and posture
- BrainTap Technology reduces stress and "resets" the central nervous system
Are You Dealing with Work Injury Symptoms? Contact Back To Health W
Contact the Back to Health Wellness Center at 941-351-2555 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor in Sarasota!